Monday, April 13, 2009

Catching up!

So it's been a very long time since I've been on here! Sorry. It has been crazy busy but not too eventful. When I left Fort Smith, I had one week where I could run home and visit with the family (run home, yeah right it's a 6 and 1/2 hour drive). I had a short and sweet visit with everyone. I had to unpack winter clothes and repack clothes for the warmer Houston weather. Then I headed down to Houston to begin my last clinical. I am living with my friend Mandy who was my first college roommate. She's from Houston and has a house with an extra room, perfect for me. I've somewhat gotten used to the Houston traffic, although I still don't like it. It's sooo unpredictable. My last clinical is over half way over now, I just started my 6th week. All of my class mates, and myself, are impatiently counting down the days until graduation (even though we still have summer classes after that....dumb). But still, we're that much closer. I am enjoying this clinical because I get to work with kiddos, well actually more like babies. I am working with ECI aka early childhood intervention which provides therapy services including speech, occupational therapy, physical therapy, nutritionist, and social work to children who are birth to 3 yr olds. We go to the child's home and work with the family, so we really get a feel of the child's home environment. I will say I love the kiddos, they are all so darn cute, but I don't like some of the places we have to go......ghetto. But overall, I'm enjoying it. Chris has been able to come down and visit a couple of times and I just returned from Easter weekend in Fort Smith. We have had terrible luck with delayed flights, let's just say we now count on arriving a day later than expected. This is extremely frustrating considering the lack of time we have together these days. But we're making it. Thank goodness for free mobile to mobile minutes and unlimited texting! That's about it to sum up a few months. I'll post Easter pics as soon as Chris decides to send them to me.....so it may not happen, but I'll try :-)

1 comments:

The Maguet's said...

Hang in there! Can you believe it is almost over?! Can't wait to see you at graduation!