Wednesday, July 23, 2008

4th of July......Camping in Red River!

Ok, so not much happened in June, just school, so I'll skip straight to July. So for the 4th of July we wanted to do something fun and get out of the flat country for a while. Lindsey and I thought it was about time we went camping again. What better place to go than Red River, it's not too far and it's much cooler there than here. Some of our classmates decided to join us. Kat and Kyle, whom are not really the camping type, agreed to come along. When we told Kat we would be bringing along a dutch oven, she asked, "Where will you plug it in?" She was dead serious. But she also thought that everyone who camps puts up Christmas lights at their campsite. Again she was serious. Chris was also able to get away for the weekend and join us all the way from Dallas. Anyway, Lindsey and I couldn't wait and as usual were probably a little over excited. In my excitement I went and bought my very own tent and fishing rod (my dad lost mine, way to go). The day I bought them I went home and set my new tent up in the kitchen, I mean that's what you're supposed to do right? Needless to say it barely fit in there, but it was perfect! (sorry no pic of that, but I'm sure you have a great picture in your head) The trip was a blast and we all enjoyed ourselves.

How many boys does it take to set up a tarp?

This was Chris' job for the weekend :)

The tents were set up, time to relax!

Chow time....we had hobo dinners, yummy!

Good morning sunshine! Me, Chris, and Lindsey waiting on breakfast......and I promise that beer can in my chair was left over from the night before, I'm not that hard core!

At every meal we had a very mature game of "not it" to see who had to do the dishes. Unfortunately Chris and I were not very good at that game.

Lindsey thought it would be a good idea to feed the chipmunks out of her sandal. I'm surprised they went anywhere near it.

Chis and I just chillin

Chris and I hanging out by the campfire.

Group pic

This is what we were gonna do to scare bears away if need be!

0 comments: