Thursday, August 28, 2008

GRADUATION....................

That's right a graduation........but SADLY not mine. Chris graduated on August 8, 2008. I was fortunate enough to be able to attend the ceremony. However, it was quite a journey getting there.......I had finals that week, and to top it all off I had 2 finals on the day of his graduation. So, I had to arrange to take one of my finals early so I could possibly make it in time. I tell you what, it was one crazy week. Finals on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, and packing to be gone for two weeks. Oh my! Needless to say I was a little stressed out. On Friday morning I got up early enough to get ready, do the last bits of packing, and study a bit. But, as I finished packing I started to worry that my suitcase was too heavy. I mean come on I'm a girl, I had to pack everything! So I call my mom to find out the weight limit, she doesn't know, so of course I go to the internet. By this time it is like 7:30am and my final is at 8:00am. Once I found out that they have a 50lb weight limit and a rather large fee if you go over, I frantically start to take out things that I think I won't need. After this frenzy, I get my suitcase all zipped up again and what do you know it's time to load it in the car and go take my final. No studying.....oops! The final went......well....okay I guess. Lindsey took me straight to the airport after the final, where I had plenty of time before my flight at 11:10am. By the way, it was my first time to fly American Eagle, I was a little nervous. So I get on the plane and am trying to put my carry on luggage in the compartment........of course I have stuffed my backpack completely full and it is too big to fit. Now I am trying with all my might (while trying not to break my computer that is in it) to shove it under the seat.......finally it slides under there. The flight wasn't bad at all, but I'm still not sure about those little planes. When I get to Dallas, because of course you must stop in Dallas or Houston any time you leave Amarillo, I have an hour layover in which I think I have plenty of time to eat lunch and change clothes. But, when I get off the plane I realize that I have to get on the sky tram and go to a different terminal. I finally get to where my gate is and go to the bathroom to get changed. As I walk out of the bathroom they are making an announcement for my flight to start boarding. What?!?! This means no lunch! If you don't know me, let's just say that's not a good thing. I get boarded on the plane, again wrestling with my bag and this time in a dress and heels, and my hands are shaking because I needed some food. I tell you what, as soon as I landed in Little Rock at 2:15pm I rushed to the nearest place to get a coke and a snack. But, I was finally there!!! YAY! Chris' sister, Ashley, and her boyfriend came to pick me up from the airport, in which I was very thankful for. We then had a 35 minute drive to Conway, AR to the University of Central Arkansas where Chris attended physical therapy school. The first part of Chris' graduation, with just his class, started at 3pm. We walked in for the last 5 minutes or so. At least we made it! The big ceremony with the whole school wasn't until 7pm, thank goodness. All of Chris' family was there to watch him walk across the stage to become Dr. Christopher Steven Walter or just "Dr. Bubba" as his family calls him! After the ceremony we all went to dinner to celebrate Chris' achievement. It was a wonderful evening and I'm so glad I got to be a part of it!


Chris and I after the 1st ceremony

From L to R: Chris' mom Peggy, Chris' Nannie, Me, Chris, Chris' Dad Steven, Aunt Brenda, Cousin Brittany, Sister Ashley, and Ashley's boyfriend Ben

Chris walking up to the stage............

And finally getting his hood and diploma!

0 comments: