Yep that's right! I got a 2 week, non paid, vacation! But that's ok, I'll take the time off. After Chris' graduation we spent the weekend in Conway with two of his best friends who just got married, Chris and Shelly. We were both exhausted from the previous week so we spent most of the weekend sleeping. Then, Monday morning we got up bright and early to head to Pensacola Beach, Fl. Both of us were super excited. We got to spend an entire week, yes that's right 7 whole days, at the beach. It did rain the first few days we were there, which was kind of a drag. I started to go a little stir crazy cooped up in our condo, but then the sun decided to come out and give us some beautiful days. We were finally able to go down to the beach and enjoy the beautiful white sand and ocean! We had quite a relaxing week, making sure not to overexert ourselves of course. We ate some seafood, hit happy hour, and went to a naval aviation museum. Neither one of us was ready to leave, but of course we had to. Chris and I returned to Arkansas and went to spend a night with his Nannie in Russellville before returning to his parent's house in Fort Smith. We spent the week being lazy and hanging out with his parents. At the end of the week we returned to Texas to hang out with my family in big Clarendon for the weekend. All in all we had a wonderful two weeks which went by entirely too fast. I am now back to school unfortunately.......but it is my LAST YEAR!!!! WOOO HOOO! I bet my parents are thankful for that!
Finally headed to Florida!
Crossing the Mississippi River.......getting closer!
Chris needed a nap.......this is hard for him to do while I'm driving, I think I make him nervous.
I was getting a little bored in the car.
After several hours in the car.......we made it!
A well deserved beer on the first night there!
I guess Chris deserved one too......since he drove most of the way.
Look at all those margarita machines......yep they had Fat Tuesday's margarita's at one of the local bars.....can you say "Happy Hour"
My Pina Colada was very yummy!
The beautiful beach
As soon as it quit raining Chris and I went to the beach to take a little stroll!
At last, a sunny day at the beach!
Chris was trying to be artsy and take some cool pics....not too bad.
Being Goofy
Chris at the naval aviation museum
It was the home of the Blue Angels
On the fishing pier
One last pic on our last night there :(
Thursday, August 28, 2008
No school for 2 weeks!
Posted by Shawna at 7:01 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment