Since I have a new mountain bike, I decided I actually needed to take it out and break it in........in the canyon. A few of my classmates and I decided to go mountain biking at Palo Duro Canyon. They had all been before on numerous occasions. I was the only "rookie" so to speak. I was a little nervous because the trails were quite narrow and there were some steep spots. I did walk down a few of the steep areas because they were pretty rocky and I was afraid that I would flip over my handlebars. But, this wasn't the greatest idea since I then had to walk up the steep hill that followed. I am not in mountain biking shape to say the least. I was so out of breath it was not even funny. My classmates were all very patient with me and encouraging which was good because at one point I almost decided I wasn't cut out for this. They even made sure someone stayed behind me just in case I took a spill - which I did not thank goodness. We had a good time and are planning to go back out soon. Hopefully it will be a little easier the second time, they assure me it will........I hope they're not pulling my leg!
Here's a look at my new toy in the daylight.
Just getting started and a little nervous!
Here I come with Josh trailing behind me just in case.
Josh, Lindsey, and Jeremy
Rounding the corner, actually I'm just trying not to fall off the cliff here!
I have a video of me finishing the trail that is quite entertaining but apparently I'm computer illiterate and can't figure it out. I'll try to post it soon.
Saturday, September 20, 2008
Mountain Biking.....A New Hobby!
Posted by Shawna at 6:48 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment