Sunday, March 23, 2008

Livin for the weekend!

Well.......I made it through the first week of clinicals. All went well, I really enjoy the people who I work with, which makes being in a new place easier. I will say that when Friday rolled around, I was ready for a break. So, that night we decided to check out the night life in downtown SLC. We went to this place called "The Tavernacle".........and yes it is TAVERNacle and not TABERnacle. It was definitely a cool place, it was a dueling piano bar. Pretty awesome, definitely not something Amarillo offers. A couple of the other students I work with met up with us. It was nice to get out and about and check things out. So while we are there, we know that the place doesn't close until 2am. Well, about 12:45am they yell out last call. We were a little confused about the situation. Because in TX when a bar closes at 2am, last call is not until 1:45am. Well we later found out that in Utah they can not sell liquor past 1am, even though they don't close until 2am. Weird I tell ya. Anyway, Saturday made for an absolutely beautiful day of skiing. The snow is still really good up here, pretty sure we'll be skiing every weekend for a while! Saturday night we went up to Park City to meet up with one of my old college roommates who was in town for Spring Break. Definitely had to check out the night life there too. Park City is just an awesome little town in general, I'm pretty sure I need to go spend some time there toolin around and checkin things out. So all in all, a great weekend.............but absolutely not long enough!


View from the top of Snake Creek Lift at Brighton......Breathtaking!

Lindsey and Me

This poor guy broke his collar bone while snowboarding (another good reason to stay away from snowboarding). He was passing out at the bar and his friends wanted us to take a pic with him, but he woke up when the camera flashed! Poor thing!

Lindsey, Me, and Mandy hangin out in Park City

Lindsey can't take a normal picture!

Me and Mandy.....Old San Marcos roomies!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, this sounds like my kind of clinical! Where do we sign up for this, Shawna?!?! I mean skiing all day and partying all night!! Just kidding, we know you are learning. What you are learning we are not sure of yet, but I'm sure you will do fine. Well we missed you in Durango. We had a great time. Study hard and play harder, Take care,
Mark