Sunday, October 05, 2008

Back to the canyon!

So, Chris came to see me last sunday and stayed until Friday. Unfortunately I had to study most of the week because I had a practical on Wednesday and a test Friday. Yuck. Chris has just recently purchased a mountain bike too. When he got here on Sunday, he told me that he was gonna go out to the canyon by himself while I was studying/at school. I didn't think that was a good idea since he hadn't been mountain biking before and there are rattlesnakes and other scary critters out there. Ok so I'm a bit of a worrier.....what do you do? Anyway, Jake called that night and wanted to go out the next morning. Perfect timing. So Monday morning we headed out to the canyon. We rode the same trail that I was unable to complete on Friday. But I toughed it out this time and it was awesome! Once we got to the end of the trail we even hiked up to the lighthouse. We stopped and had some cheeseburgers (everyone raves about the cheeseburgers in the canyon) before we left so Chris get the whole effect of Palo Duro canyon. What a great day!

Me heading down a tricky area......

Good thing I know what I'm doing!

Chris' turn.......

Made it down like a champ!

Chris and I at the top taking a much needed break.

Lindsey and Jake

We hiked up to the lighthouse and saw this yucky centipede. Jake stepped right over it and I was behind him and saw it move. Needless to say I screamed and jumped back. Lindsey thought I had seen a snake.........a centipede is just as bad if you ask me!

Once at the top we enjoyed these beautiful views


Chris and I being goofy

Here we are in front of the lighthouse.......that was our little friend in the background.

Pumped to be finished.

Relieved to be finished.

Thumbs up to a good bike ride.

0 comments: